Monday, October 10, 2016

A Lesson Learned form Publishing New Book

A week ago InfoQ publisher released my new book: Conversation Patterns for Software Professionals.

For those of you who asked me about an english versions of my writing - this is it. Whole book was designed for the English-speaking reader.

Once I tried to publish outside Poland my 'How to Talk to the Clients Who Don't Know What They Want' book. But concept of the book was refused by publishers I contacted with.

Then I decided to release small pieces of the book wrapped in articles at InfoQ. I hoped someday I would be able to publish them in the form of a book.

It took 2 years and 4 months - quite quickly, I think. Lesson learned: I over value my one-year capabilities, I under value my 10-years capabilities.

eBook version is exclusively available for free at InfoQ. Printed (paid) version will be available soon at amazon.com and lulu.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment