Friday, May 2, 2014

InfoQ: *-Driven* do not change anything

InfoQ Team has published my aricle *-Driven* do not change anything.

I gave a speech on these theses during the 33rd Degree Conference 2013 and I was told I didn't know Domain Driven Desing at all. Well, I have my private opinion about this. But I am sure I know how the cognitive biases work and all that *Driven* madness is one of them.

This article is not intended to criticize anybody or anything. It is about priorities and searching for a balance. Being focused on our basic skills first, helps to use a *-Driven* approach properly especially in an unknown context. I do really appreciate all those mental frameworks because they do great job. But I think if software development is driven by something, these are stakeholder needs and our common sense. Being driven by anything else might be harmful simplification.

Enjoy the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment